Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Tis The Season For DVD's

Ok so now that it's November I don't feel bad about inundating you all with blog posts about Christmas!

One of my favourite things about Christmas is the time that we get to spend as a family (as my hubby has time off from work) and the things that we get to do together. One of the things that I really like to do as Christmas gets closer is to have movie nights where we watch a Christmas movie and eat popcorn or some other yummy treat.

Because of this ritual we have amassed quite a large collection of Christmas movies and I must admit there are some really fantastic ones and some that I could do without. My daughter is almost 6 and I think that these movies are suitable for most kids around this age and above. Some are suitable for younger audiences too.

This is a list of the Christmas movies, in my opinion, which are fabulous and are a must for any families collection

* The Santa Claus Trilogy - These movies star Tim Allen and wonderfully demonstrate the true meaning of Christmas


* Elf - Buddy is just adorable in this movie and it has such a good story and a wonderful message


* Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer - A classic!


* Frosty The Snow Man - Another classic. I remember watching both these movies as a kid


* Muppets Christmas Carol - Love the Muppets and they tell this story beautifully


* Mickeys Once Upon A Christmas - Gorgeous Christmas movie for kids


* Barbie Perfect Christmas - A great Christmas story for any Barbie fan, has some great songs too


Christmas movies I have gotten or plan on getting this year are
* Christmas With The Kranks

* National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (this one might not be suitable for the kids)


* Miracle on 34th Street


* Disneys A Christmas Carol (I have seen this on Austar and it is really good, perhaps a little too scary for some sensitive or young kids)


Christmas movies we have that are questionable
* The Smurfs Christmas Carol - We bought this last year and I have to say not the best investment. The dvd cost $30 and it runs for about 30 mins. It is cute but one you could do without, epecially at that price! $1 a minute, no thanks


* Nightmare Before Christmas - I thought that this one was not too bad but proved just too scary for my daughter so we couldnt enjoy it. Perhaps when she's older


We try and do a Christmas Movie in our house every Saturday night once December hits, but because we have so many good ones we usually find time to fit in another one on Sunday night!

I'm a big kid so I think i enjoy them as much as my daughter does.

Hope this list gives some of you some great movie ideas to watch and enjoy with your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment