Sunday, November 18, 2012

Santa Photos

So it's that time of year when the jolly old man starts appearing in the shops, yep it's Santa time!

We have run the gauntlet so to speak with my daughter and Santa photos. I remember very clearly her first Santa photo, she was not at all keen. We basically backed her into Santa's lap, ran for it and let them click. The photo is priceless! The next year she was again not at all keen and Mummy had to be in the photo too (oh joy!) The next year we started early and took her to see Santa every time we were at the local shops. By the end of the season this added up to about 20 times and by the end of the season she was very familiar with Santa. Infact the Santa we had most of the time (cause he has to have a break sometime!) remembers my daughter and from that year on they were on a first name basis.

Santa arrived at our local shops just this last weekend and even though it had been a whole year he didnt forget our Ella, he addressed her by name and they then had a photo. Our Santa is just a lovely old man and I am so glad he puts that little extra effort in to make the kids feel extra special.

Every year we get a Santa photo for us and one for the grandparents. I used to frame them and then would acquire a new frame every year. This worked well in the beginning but we were running out of space so it was just not going to work long term.

So what I decided to do was to showcase the latest Santa photo in a nice Christmas frame and then I scrapbooked the previous years in a little scrapbook just for Santa photos.

Here is a pic of the frame for the current year



And this is my Christmas scrapbook album




We are lucky that now my daughter adores Santa and we must visit him at every opportunity. I am dreading the day that she feels she is too old for a Santa photo.

How do those of you at home handle Santa photos is it a drama or a delight?

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet album, Melanie!
    How have you been since Blogtoberfest?
    I just wanted to let you know that I’m hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12.

    Would be so rapt if you joined us!

    There’s a little giveaway too. :-)

    Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html

    Take care
    
Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete