Thursday, October 18, 2012

That's What Friends Are For

I remember back to when I was at school and how it was so important just how many friends you had. It seemed that the more friends you had the better of a person you were. Now i'm all old and grown (I'm 32... just) with some life experience behind me I see friendships a little differently. I also know that you don't need to be surrounded by people to be happy. Sometimes you can feel alone in a crowded room, it's the people who are in the room that make it. Just like its the friends in your life that make those friendships so special.

Almost a year ago now I had a hard time in my personal life and it was this event that showed me who my real friends were. Prior to this I had some idea but this really confirmed it for me.

There were some people at that time who were very obviously just trying to get the latest gossip or information on the situation. These are the people who I no longer have time for. But there were some who were very wonderful, my 2 best friends in particular really showed support of me in that time and I thank them alot.

This experience has made me see that it is the quality of friends not the quantity that is important and that's a lesson i'll always keep for the rest of my life.

I just wanted to take this time to thank my real friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment